The Office of the Texas State Chemist protects consumers and enhances
agribusiness through its feed and fertilizer regulatory compliance program,
surveillance and monitoring of animal-human health and environmental hazards,
and Regulatory Science outreach program.
- Assess feed and fertilizer hazards related to animal and human health and the environment.
- Ensure the feed and fertilizer industry fulfills the requirements in the Texas Agriculture Code (Chapters 63 and 141) and Rules (Chapters 61, 63, and 65).
- Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive preparedness plan.
- Allocate resources and infrastructure efficiently.
- Provide accurate, defensible, and timely results and actions.
- Advance the science of creating tools, standards and practices to improve the protection and compliance of food systems.